Donovan on his new bike

Donovan on his new bike
Thank you Mary Free Bed "Bikes for the Rest of Us"

Saturday, August 3, 2013

T-Minus 2 hours and counting.....

Well I'm staying at the Thunder Bay Inn, in a room right out to the 50's.  Very cool place with a great staff.  The owner wouldn't stay up late enough to check me in so she left me a note to tell me my room number, with a old time key in the door, and asked me to lock up after I arrived.


 
My note from Gretchen the Proprietor!
The Inn has a history as does Big Bay...  The Jimmy Stewart movie, "The Anatomy of a Murder" was filmed here in the UP.  It is based on the book by a Michigan Judge, who wrote about the only murder in Big Bay's history, that occurred at the Lumber Jack Tavern, which is down the street from the Inn.  www.thunderbayinn.net   The World Premier of the Movie was held in Marquette, and through those efforts, Bay Cliff raised the $10,000 that kept it in business.

Funny how a Murder led to the saving of Bay Cliff, through a movie by Jimmy Stewart....

One hour and 45 minutes until I get a patented Donovan morning hug I haven't had in 7 weeks!!!

No comments: