Donovan on his new bike

Donovan on his new bike
Thank you Mary Free Bed "Bikes for the Rest of Us"

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Donovan Letter #4....

It's Tuesday, July 2nd and I'm in my chair thinking of D as Carl and Emma play on the tramp, Buster is jumping around them barking and Bridget is walking around her gardens, seeing how they grow.  No cockle shells required...

We got another post card from Donovan with funny stuff, a phone call from Erin, a phone call from the Bay Cliff staff and several other interactions reassuring us D is doing well.  God continues to provide us with little signs of reassurance that He, and all our family who have joined him, are watching over Donovan with great care.

When I got off the ferry in Ludington last Friday night to start the last leg of my journey home, a rainbow formed over the highway as I entered the ramp to get on it.  Sunday, at church, Bridget was praying for Donovan after receiving communion, and a clown (dressed up in full rainbow color attire) walked down the aisle next to us to receive communion too! (The church was celebrating their summer festival)  Emma, Corinne and Aunt Julie Kaboolie saw lots of rainbows on the PALM ride during the week.

All the reassurance in the world doesn't change how odd I feel, or how much Bridget misses our D.  A friend of mine called today to ask we are doing.  I said we are fine, etc. etc. but it is the most unsettling summer I can recall.  I just feel weird.

A large part of it is Donovan being gone (almost three weeks now), my dad announcing this is the last year he will make hay and oats on the farm (we are leasing out the remainder next year), the maturing of Carl and Emma, as they have stepped it up since Donovan left, and the realization that none of our kids are little any more.

Of course it could be too that I watched two Adam Sandler movies with my kids and they are getting most of the humor now.  Happy Gilmor and Grownups.  Just doesn't seem right!

Oh well.....  Life transitions ....




No comments: