Donovan on his new bike

Donovan on his new bike
Thank you Mary Free Bed "Bikes for the Rest of Us"

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Donovan Letters #5....

Traveling. 

I haven't been home much since dropping you off and it just adds to the "weirdness" of this summer.  I've been away more than at home.  Mom received another card from you with a little more description of you activities for the week.  You talked of frog hunting (slimy frogs), swimming and going on the deep end, the 4th of July parade, playing with your friends, all under the context of having fun!

Can't wait to see you.  23 days, 5 hours, 51 minutes and 30 seconds, 29, 28, 27.....

This will always be known for me as the "Transition Summer".  Someday I'll tell you why it is that, but I have to process it all a little more before I can talk about it in a single blog post.  I'm just glad you are having fun, learning, working hard, and enjoying mom's care packages with your friends.

Nana and Papa ask how you are doing all the time.  I've been spending time with them this summer to help out with the farm and around the house.  This is the last summer Papa is going to make hay and grow oats.  Transitions....

Did I tell you I miss you.....

Dad.....


No comments: