Donovan on his new bike

Donovan on his new bike
Thank you Mary Free Bed "Bikes for the Rest of Us"

Sunday, March 17, 2013

First night at home...

Donovan had a good night!  He slept well, woke up enough to get his meds at 5am and go back to sleep.  He got up at 9am, watched a little tv and ate a good breakfast.  He is been playing with the "E Bros" (cousin's Eric, Elliot and Emmet), Carl, and Emma, with remote control cars while he is in the wheel chair.  When we got him in the chair he told me "Dad, I like being pushed around in the wheel chair".  He also told me this morning as he finished up breakfast "Dad, I like being lazy all day"!



It is amazing how well he is handling all of this.  Rarely complains.  Just does what we ask of him with meds, shifting him in his bed every two hours, and all the other items with being bed and wheel chair bound.  Everytime we get him situated he puts his hands behind his head and says "AAAHHH, that feels good"!

Yesterday, after we got him settled in and I got the Wii working with the TV he said to us, "My life is very good"!

Imagine that after this surgery....  His is our gift.....

No comments: