Donovan on his new bike

Donovan on his new bike
Thank you Mary Free Bed "Bikes for the Rest of Us"

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Donovan Letters No 3………….. 6/20/2013….




I didn’t think of Donovan today, for a total of 6 times, over a course of 6 hours, for about 6 minutes intervals.  Otherwise he is always there….

It is Sunday night and I’m at Carl’s Godfather’s home in Green Bay, Wisconsin.  The frozen tundra was very hot today and we had a wonderful sail on the Bay.  John, (aka the godfather) is the man responsible for getting me into sailing and it was the perfect day for sailing his 16 foot catamaran.  He has two of them, so John and I were on one cat and his two sons (Paul and Thomas) where on the other with their friend. 

The sun was warm, the air was humid, the water warm, and the wind was perfect for flying a hull.  Luckily we didn’t hear the immortal words from John’s lips, that is an indicator we are about to capsize or pitch pole.  It was a day the doctor ordered and I needed. 

I thought of Emma on her first day of the PALM Ride and the fact they were going to bike 45 miles today in this heat.  Unlike Donovan, I could call her and text her and get instant knowledge and reassurance she is having fun and enjoying the ride.  The tone in her voice confirmed she is fine.  Hope her Aunt Julie is ok, as she had a rib pop out (from a previous injury) the day before a ride.  I’ve had a cracked rib.  Very painful…  Good luck Julie Kaboolie….!!

Here is the route they are taking for their ride!

PALM Lake Michigan to Lake Erie!
I thought of Bridget and how she was doing with just her, Carl and Buster hanging out at the house.  As I suspected, she spent the day working in her gardens as this was perfect weather (for B) to be sweating it out, getting the gardens in order after a spring of neglect.  Unfortunately for Carl, being the only other able body at home, he was recruited to help out. 

My mom and dad were on my mind a lot today as they both have medical procedures being performed the next couple of days.  Mom makes hers out to be nothing and Dad’s isn’t major either.  I’m heading there tomorrow to help out.  The reality of it is Mom’s is more than nothing but planned for and Dad’s, like others in recent history, as is the case with my dad, popped up at the last minute.  He doesn’t like going to the doctor.

It has been an interesting year in our family.  Many, many trips to doctors, hospitals, emergency rooms,,, etc.  Lot’s going on. My sister Julie finished her degree and got her license so she is now a practicing Nurse Practitioner.  Craig was fighting no power at his house as Minneapolis had some storms go through and a tree crashed on their baby sitters car as she was watching my nephew Sean.  Nieces getting married (Megan) and searching for colleges (Evy).

Three trips to Face Book today, ok more than six, to see if they have posted any pictures of our boy. NOPE!  Very Frustrating, disappointing and just plain sad…. 

Well, just have to take a trip there again in the morning…..

No comments: